Roll and stroll - get cycling and walking
Cycling and walking is becoming more popular than ever - it's great for your head and health and is great fun too!
Across the West Midlands, we have big plans to make it easier for people to get around on foot or bike, delivering an easy and sustainable way for you to travel. More cycling and walking is good for everyone, it:
- Helps improve health and wellbeing and reduces obesity
- Makes local travel easier and reduces congestion
- Improves air quality and is good for the environment
- Makes our region a nicer place to be and live
Cycling and walking activities in the West Midlands
There are lots of things that you can do to get about by foot or bike, whatever your ability or need.
Before you head out, be sure to check out our advice for keeping safe on our roads.
New to cycling and walking
More confident cyclist
Cycling and walking improvements in your area
We're making it easier and safer to cycle and walk where you need to go. New cycle lanes and low traffic neighbourhoods are just some of the ways we're doing that.
Why not take a look at the changes coming to your local area and tell us what you think.
What is available for organisations
There are many benefits to having more staff cycle and walk:
- Reduced staff absence and increase in productivity
- Meet environmental targets and build for the future
- Solve parking availability issues
If you are an organisation or school, contact us to find out how we can help you.
Are you a school?
We work with the walking charity Living Streets to help schools get more parents and students walking to school. There are opportunities for primary and nursery schools.