Interchange - M42 J6
Ends: 1 May 2022
Last updated: 19 April 2022
Major transport improvements are happening in the east of Birmingham and Solihull area. These include:
- HS2 - Britain’s new high-speed railway
- improvements to junction 6 of the M42
- the new Sprint bus route along the A45
During the work, the way you travel in the area will change. There will be disruption to:
- junction 6 of the M42
- the A452
- the A446
- the A45
In order to improve movement of traffic on and off the A45, National Highways are upgrading the M42 junction 6.
Work includes improving pedestrian and cycle access in the local area and over the coming weeks a new footbridge will be installed over the A45.
In order to safely install the bridge, the A45 will be closed as follows:
Saturday 30 April (4pm) to Sunday 1 May (8.30am):
- A45 westbound carriageway will be closed between M42 junction 6 and Clock Interchange from
Saturday 30 April (8.30pm) to Sunday 1 May (5.30am):
- A45 eastbound carriageway will be closed between Clock interchange and M42 junction 6 from 8:30pm on
A clearly signed diversion route will be in place during the road closure.
You will still be able to get to where you need to go, but consider the following: