Driving around cyclists and pedestrians
Walking and cycling are more popular than ever. We want to make sure the roads are safe for everyone.
If you drive in the West Midlands, you can help by:
- looking out for pedestrians and cyclists
- paying attention at busy junctions
- giving cyclists lots of space when you overtake them - at least 1.5 metres
- using your indicators
- looking out for cyclists’ signals
You should expect more cyclists and pedestrians than usual, especially at peak times.
Always check for cyclists and pedestrians when you:
- open your car door
- pull out at a junction
- perform a manoeuvre - like turning in the road