£1 tickets for friends and family
If you are a nNetwork or nTrain season ticket holder, you can take 1 adult and up to 2 children with you on the train for a £1 return fare.
This ticket is valid:
- between 9.30am and the last train on weekdays
- all day on weekends and bank holiday Mondays
- between two stations in the same rail zones as your season ticket
You need to travel with your friends or family for their ticket to be valid
Check if you are eligible
You can only get a friends and family ticket if you have an adult nTrain or nNetwork ticket that lasts for:
- 1 week
- 4 weeks
- monthly Direct Debit
- 13 weeks
- 52 weeks
Get a friends and family ticket
Go to a staffed ticket office:
- Show the person your Swift card or paper season ticket. They may need to scan the Swift card.
- Ask for a friends and family ticket between two stations, for example, between Northfield and Birmingham New Street.
If your ticket office is closed, you can buy the ticket from the conductor on the train or from the fares to pay desk at your destination.
Terms and conditions
- Friends and Family tickets are for 1 adult and up to 2 children accompanying a holder of a valid adult season ticket (see conditions 2 and 3). All persons using this fare, including the season ticket holder, must travel together at all times.
- Friends and family fares are available between any two stations in the West Midlands Network area (plus Rugeley Trent Valley, Rugeley Town, Hednesford, Cannock and Landywood - only if train season ticket is held) on journeys covered by the season ticket, for example, if season ticket is valid for zones 1-3, the Friends and Family fare is also valid for a return journey in zone 1-3.
- Season ticket holds must possess a 1 week, 4 week, monthly Direct Debit, 13 week or 52 week network or any train season ticket.
- Ticket applies to adult season tickets only, i.e. not valid with an nNetwork child Term Extras season ticket.
- nNetwork 2 week off-peak, nNetwork student, concessionary passes and pre-9.30 tickets cannot be used to get a Friends and Family ticket.
- Friends and family fares are available for off-peak travel after 9.30am on Monday to Friday and anytime on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holiday Mondays.
- West Midlands Railway reserve the right to withdraw this ticket at any time.
- You cannot exchange this ticket for cash.
- Not available with any other rail offer, or from the Senior Conductor on train, unless travelling from an unstaffed station.
- No further discounts for Railcard holders. Not valid to or from stations outside the West Midlands Network area. Valid for children 5-15 only.