Swift is the smart ticketing scheme to pay for public transport in the West Midlands. A Swift card is a smartcard you use instead of a paper ticket.
You can load season tickets and pay as you go credit onto a Swift card. We are always developing Swift so it can be used on new modes of transport. For example, hiring a bike or paying for car parking.
Types of Swift card
Depending on how and when you travel, there are different Swift cards you can choose from:
- Swift photocard - a Swift card for adult, child, and student season tickets
- Swift Go - a Swift card that automatically works out the best fare for your bus and tram travel so you do not need to buy a ticket
- pay as you go Swift card - a Swift card you top up and use instead of cash to pay for tickets on buses and trams
You can use Swift Go and pay as you go card to pay for car parking at these train stations:
- Sutton Coldfield
If you’re a member of a WV Active gym, you can use your membership card as a pay as you go Swift card. This is the card you get from the gym when you join.
Get a Swift card
You can get a Swift card by buying a season ticket through the ticket finder.
If you need a Swift card more urgently, you can get one from:
- a Swift kiosk - get pay as you go & adult photocard only (you can only top up child cards & 16-18 cards here).
- a travel centre - get all cards (except 16-18 cards. Top up only)
- a Payzone shop - get pay as you go cards only (you can top up all other cards here)
Find out how to use and top up your Swift card.
Get a Swift account
You can get a Swift account online and register your card. This makes it easier for us to help you if you need to replace your card.
You can use your Swift account to:
- renew your ticket
- top up your Swift card
- change your contact details
If you got your Swift card online, you already have a Swift account.