The West Midlands Combined Authority (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is West Midlands Combined Authority of 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD.
Information We Collect from You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you may provide when you register to use or site, subscribe to our services or enter a competition, promotion or survey, validation of credit card during a purchase and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information -
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and your browser type and version. This information is used solely for system administration and for providing statistics to evaluate use of this site.
Where you have made an enquiry/complaint about a service or facility not directly operated by WMCA we may share your information with other organisations. We will only do this if we consider it necessary to fully respond to the enquiry/complaint that you have made. In doing so we will contact you to tell you that your information has been passed on and that the appropriate company may contact you directly regarding the comments you have made. We may tell you this verbally if your enquiry is made by telephone.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them please see the top right hand link.
We Use Information Held About You in the Following Ways
- Information you give to us - we will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To ensure that content from out site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Information we collect about you - we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of credit card validation during purchases.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Services Provided by our Customer Services Team
If you apply for a Travel Concession, Season Ticket or contact or Customer Relations Team, in most cases we will need to collect and use your personal information. We will store this information during the period that your enquiry/entitlement or application for goods and services remains active and may retain your information for a period of up to six years after your last contact. In some circumstances it may be necessary to retain your information for longer.
To join the Direct Debit scheme we need your completed application form – including personal information and bank account details. We will store your personal information in order to send out your tickets and set up the Direct Debit payments you have agreed to. We will share your personal information with a credit reference agency before approving your application to join the Direct Debit Scheme and may also share your information with other companies for the purpose of fraud prevention and to pursue debtors. When the ticket holder and person responsible for making payments under the Direct Debit agreement are not the same we will store the personal information of both persons.
In order to decide whether you are eligible for Travel Concessions and services provided by WMCA we may share your personal information with your General Practitioner or other health care professional, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, School / Education Provider, Local Social Services Department, the Department for Work and Pensions and any other organisation deemed appropriate by us in the interest of processing your application. Sharing your information with one or more of these organisations may assist WMCA to process your application for Travel Concessions. We may also share your information with approved WMCA contractors / suppliers who produce and dispatch Travel Passes on the organisation’s behalf.
Where you have made an enquiry about a service or a facility not directly operated by us we may share your information with other organisations. We will only do this if we consider it necessary to fully respond to the enquiry that you have made. In doing so we will contact you to tell you that your information has been passed on and that the appropriate company may contact you directly regarding the comments you have made. We may tell you this verbally if your enquiry is made by telephone.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have your personal information removed from a particular mailing list or database at any time.
Our site may. From time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.