Reasons to choose Swift Go
- Even better than the flexible ticket you've been asking us for
- New! Great value for your travel with 3 & 7-day capping
- Multi operator use (All trams & most buses)
- The hybrid work essential accessory
- Tap and Go - we'll bill you later
- No need to research tickets before you travel
- The new, smart & contact-free way to travel around the West Midlands
About Swift Go
With Swift Go, you can make as many journeys as you like. At the end of the day, we’ll check what journeys you’ve made. Then we’ll work out what you should pay.
We’ll only charge you up to the cost of a day ticket, or a weekly ticket if you've travelled for 7 days. This is called capping.
For example, if you take 10 buses in a day, we’ll cap you. This means we’ll only charge you for a day ticket. This can work out cheaper than buying single tickets when you need to travel.
Additionally, If you travel to work for flexible or hybrid working our 3-day cap will allow you to get amazing value for your travel.
Swift Go for you
- You can only use Swift Go on the tram and most buses. You cannot use it on the train.
- Swift Go gives you the flexibility and freedom to travel how you want, to where you want without thinking about your ticket in advance.
- Swift Go is not the same as pay as you go. You use it with a Swift photocard. You must be 18 or older.
- If you want to share your card with someone else, a pay as you go Swift card might be better for you. It does not have a photo on and you can share it with anyone.
- If you travel frequently, a season ticket could be the best value for you. Use our ticket finder to check prices.
- Swift Go is useful if you travel with lots of different operators. If you only travel with one operator, it might be easier for you to use contactless payment cards instead.
Paying for Swift Go
You need a Swift photocard to use Swift Go. If you already have a Swift photocard, you need to:
- Register your photocard online if you haven't already.
- Activate Swift Go in your online account - you'll be asked how you'd like to pay.
If you do not have a Swift photocard, you can order a photocard online.
You can choose between 2 ways of paying for Swift Go - Auto-Pay or Top-Up.
Auto-Pay for Swift Go
Add your debit or credit card to your Swift account. We’ll charge your bank card every Sunday at 8 am for the journeys you made that week.
Top-Up your Swift Go balance
Add credit to your Swift Go card by topping up. You can top up your Swift Go card in your Swift account.
You can also go to Wolverhampton bus station to Top-Up in person.
How to use Swift Go
You can use Swift Go on all trams and most buses in the West Midlands (Swift Go is NOT currently available for use on trains).
Check if the bus accepts Swift Go by looking for a sticker next to the doors. You can use Swift Go in some places outside the West Midlands. Check that your operator accepts Swift Go first.
Our list of Swift Go operators also shows:
- when and where you can use Swift Go
- cap prices from different operators
Use Swift Go on the bus
On the bus, tap your Swift Go card against the reader. You do not need to tap out.
Use Swift Go on the tram
Give your Swift card to the conductor and tell them the stop you’re going to.
Unblock your Swift Go
If you owe us money for travel, we’ll block your Swift Go account. To unblock it, you need to pay the money you owe. You can do this by:
- topping up online
- adding a payment card to your account
- going to our travel centre at Wolverhampton bus station
When you’ve paid, we’ll send you an email telling you to update your card. This will unblock it. You can update your card using:
Appeal a permanent block
You could get a permanent block on your Swift Go account if you do not pay what you owe.
Call customer services to appeal a permanent block.
Customer Services - Ticketing
Transport for West Midlands
Telephone: 0345 303 6760
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8am to 6pm
Wednesdays, 10am to 6pm
Saturdays, 9am to 1pm
Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays