West Midlands Bus Alliance
The West Midlands Bus Alliance is made up of:
- bus operators
- local councils
- Transport for West Midlands
- community groups
We work together to improve bus services. We want to make bus travel cleaner, greener, safer and faster. The WMCA, as the local transport authority for the West Midlands, made an Enhanced Partnership (EP) for the West Midlands on 28 June 2021. Copies of the EP Plan and modified Scheme can be found on this website.
The alliance has committed to 50 goals. Our main aims are to:
- tackle congestion
- make bus journeys quicker
- improve bus emissions standards
- make bus travel attractive for young people
- make bus journeys better value
- make it easier to buy a ticket
- make it easier to catch the bus
- make it more pleasant to travel by bus
We also want to improve the bus network. This will help support the local economy.
West Midlands Bus Alliance Board
We are part of the West Midlands Bus Alliance Board. The board:
- sets objectives
- develops and delivers a programme of work
- makes sure the work gets done
- measures performance
Transport Focus is the chair of the West Midlands Bus Alliance Board.