How to claim your Travel Credits
Clean Air Zone Vehicle Scrappage and Travel Scheme
The Birmingham Clean Air Zone is the area inside the A4540 Middleway Ring Road. It does not include the Middleway itself. It is operational every day, 24 hours a day. You might have to pay to drive inside it.
If you work in the Clean Air Zone and have to pay for your vehicle, you could get travel credits to scrap it.
You can apply to scrap your vehicle on the Brum Breathes website.
You’ll get a code by email. You need to redeem the code within 30 days.
- you did not get a code
- you've lost your code
Claim your travel credits
- Create a Swift account. Use the same email address you used to scrap your vehicle.
- Click redeem code in account options.
- Enter your code.
Use your travel credits
- Find a ticket that meets your needs, excluding Direct Debit tickets.
- Choose a ticket that says Buy on Swift.
- Choose the Swift card you want to add your ticket to, or order a new one.
- Choose the start date.
- Use your travel credits to pay for the ticket.
If you add your ticket to an existing Swift card, you’ll need to collect it. You can do this by using our app or by visiting an on-street Swift collector or Swift Kiosk.