Corporate travel scheme
- Ticket Holder Obligations
- train and network tickets purchased through the Corporate Travel Scheme (“Scheme”) can be ordered via the Company Co-ordinator at their Company/ organisation. Ticket orders need to be placed seven (7) working days prior to the agreed ticket issuing date.
- Ticket holders who need to pay for their ticket using a credit/debit card must contact WMCA Customer Service Centre on 0345 303 6760 at least seven (7) working days prior to the expiry date of their current ticket to renew.
- Ticket holder’s must have a valid ticket for every journey. Refunds on rail tickets purchased as a result of lost, stolen or forgotten tickets can be requested from the Station Accounts department of the appropriate train operating company and not through WMCA. Refunds are at the discretion of the individual train company. Refunds are not available for tickets purchased on bus or tram services.
- It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to inform WMCA if they do not receive the ticket they have ordered no later than three (3) working days before it is due to commence.
- It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to take all reasonable steps to keep the ticket safe. Loss or theft of season tickets or photocards should be reported immediately to WMCA Customer Service Centre on 0345 303 6760.
- If a ticket fails to operate the ticket gates because it is worn, faded or results from a malfunctioning or otherwise damaged Swift Card, it is the ticket holder’s responsibility to obtain a replacement ticket from any staffed Rail Ticket Office or obtain a replacement Swift Card from the Swift Card issuer. Replacements must be requested when the print is still legible on the ticket and an administration fee may apply.
- It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure that the photocard number is clearly written on the ticket before use. Failure to do so may result in a fine or the ticket being confiscated. WMCA will not reimburse any travel tickets that have been purchased as a result.
- WMCA Obligations
- WMCA at its sole discretion reserves the right to issue a replacement travel ticket if travel tickets are lost, faded, or damaged. Ticket holders must provide a new photograph (which can be sent via email to email@example.com) or their photocard ID number to WMCA before a replacement is issued. WMCA reserves the right to charge an administration fee as reasonably determined by WMCA from time to time.
- If the ticket is no longer required, it may be returned to WMCA via the Company Co-ordinator or by the ticket holder by Recorded Delivery or such equivalent method as reasonably requested by WMCA to 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD. The refund will be paid to the Company or the individual, depending on the terms and conditions of the season ticket loan agreement between the ticket holder and the Company. Refunds are calculated on the remaining validity of the ticket on a full weekly basis, subject to the date received by WMCA. An administration fee will be applied.
- It may be possible to suspend a season ticket. The minimum period for consideration is four (4) weeks and tickets must be returned to WMCA. Refunds are made at the sole discretion of WMCA. Please contact WMCA’s Customer Service Centre on 0345 303 6760 for details.
- WMCA must be notified as soon as possible of any cases of long term sickness. Tickets must be returned to WMCA. Refunds are at the sole discretion of WMCA and a doctor’s and/or hospital note will be required.
- Other Terms and Conditions
- The ticket remains the property of WMCA until it has been fully paid for by either the Company or the ticket holder. Ownership of the ticket will then be subject to the terms and conditions of the season ticket loan agreement between the member of staff and the Company.
- Individual cheques are accepted for payment of tickets and must be made payable to “WMCA”.
- WMCA issue season tickets that cover the Network West Midlands and the surrounding area. Point-to-point season tickets are only to be used for travel between the origin and destination stations detailed on the specific ticket.
- WMCA will not refund any tickets that have been purchased as a result of tickets not arriving through postal delays.
- Tickets are not transferable and are issued subject to the current National Rail Conditions of Carriage and to the Conditions of Carriage of the Rail Operators on whose services they are valid (unless otherwise indicated they are valid on any permitted route, and on the service of participating operators). For nNetwork tickets, the published terms and conditions relating to bus and Metro operator’s services are available for inspection at the Head Offices or appropriate company addresses. The National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available for inspection at the Ticket Offices of staffed stations.
- network tickets are valid on local bus services in the West Midlands County run by operators of the Centrocard scheme; they are not valid on night buses and certain other special services. They are also valid on the Metro (except Zone 1 and Zone 1-2 network tickets). WMCA accepts no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any ticket holder using a ticket that is not valid for the journey taken.
- Swift card holders
- When purchasing a ticket or product on a Swift Card, separate terms and conditions will apply which are available at www.myswiftcard.com. The Swift Card Terms and Conditions are subject to Conditions of Carriage of Participating Operators. For the avoidance of doubt, these Scheme terms and conditions do not replace or override any other terms and conditions of the Swift Card.
- Compensation for rail service delays
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to claim compensation for any service delay or cancellation from the appropriate train operating company.
- Compensation vouchers issued due to service delays cannot be used as part or full payment towards a ticket.
- WMCA will issue a refund cheque for rail compensation vouchers to the value of £10 or more only.
- Contact details for transport operating companies can be found online.
- Data Protection
- WMCA is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act). WMCA may collect ticket holder’s names, contact details, date of birth, travel history, Equality Act monitoring information, and any information required to deliver our service to the ticket holder.
- WMCA will process data in accordance with the Act and will use data for the following purposes:
- To provide the ticket holder with the Scheme they applied for and for ongoing administration of the Scheme
- To allow us to improve products and services we offer to our customers
- For research and analysis including travel patterns
- To enable us to provide anonymous data to the Department for Transport if requested by them
- To enable us to conduct surveys
- For the prevention and detection of crime including fare evasion
- To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To ensure that we follow the ticket holder’s instructions correctly and to improve customer service, we may monitor and/or record any communication between the ticket holder and WMCA.
- We may use the ticket holder’s information for marketing purposes, if we have their consent as follows:
- To let the ticket holder know about related products and or services
- To send the ticket holder offers on behalf of selected third parties which we believe to be appropriate.
- We may contact the ticket holder for the above purposes by post, email, telephone or text messaging to SMS enabled devices depending on the information they have provided to WMCA.
- If the ticket holder no longer wishes to receive such information they may choose not to do so by notifying WMCA by post, telephone, or email.
- We will only disclose the ticket holder’s information to others in the following circumstances:
- When we are legally obliged to do so
- When there is a duty to disclose in the public interest
- Where disclosure is necessary to protect WMCA’s interest (i.e. to detect crime or fare evasion)
- Where the ticket holder gives us permission to do so
- We will retain the ticket holder’s information for the period that they have a ticket registered in their name in order to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Ticket holders have the right to request a copy of any personal data we hold about them, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, and in certain circumstances request their personal data is erased, or its processing restricted.
- Complaints about how we have handled personal data should be addressed to our Customer Service Centre.
Contact customer services
Customer Services - Transport for West Midlands
Telephone: 0345 303 6760
Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Wednesday, 9.30am - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday, closed
Customer Services - ticketing
Transport for West Midlands
16 Summer Lane