Choose Your Way Warwick
Transport for West Midlands created the Choose Your Way Warwick programme to promote sustainable and active travel at the University of Warwick as part of the Future Transport Zone project.
Staff and students from the University of Warwick can download the free BetterPoints app, track their sustainable and active journeys into and around campus, and earn BetterPoints and BetterTickets as a result. These points can then be redeemed for retail vouchers or donated to charities.
What travel options are available?
There are a variety of modes available as part of the Choose Your Way Warwick programme. Cycling, West Midlands Bus on Demand, carpooling and walking are just some of those.
- to trial new transport modes and interventions in a real-world environment
- to understand if and how these have influenced travel behaviours
- identify the current barriers for staff and students to travelling sustainably
- to encourage the increased use of sustainable travel modes
- contribute to a net zero emissions environment
A range of interventions were implemented during the trial to encourage modal shift. These included:
- education & awareness
- social modelling
- Future Transport Zone - funded by Department for Transport
- UoW - project partner
- Betterpoints - app supplier
- West Midlands Cycle Hire - cycle operator
- West Midlands Bus on Demand & Via - DRT operator
- Liftango - car sharing operator
- Enterprise - car club operator
- Tandem - taxi service provider
- Atkins - monitoring and evaluation consultant