Transport Skills Academy
The Transport Skills Academy (TSA) is a one-stop resource hub for all transport colleagues in the West Midlands, providing easy access to programmes and training to support career development.
The TSA will help to bridge the current skills gap in the industry and aims to create life-long careers – not just jobs – upskilling our workforce and encouraging new recruits into a career in transportation.
Hear more about it from our project lead, Michele Roberts:
Calling all transport colleagues and partners!
Our sector is rapidly growing, with an unprecedented demand for skilled transport workers in a range of disciplines – including engineering, digital, transport planning and design, construction and operations.
By 2035, it is estimated that the West Midlands will need an additional 60,000 jobs to help design, build and operate the region’s transport networks.
We are driving change in our workforce diversity by encouraging more representation of women, non-white workers, 16–24-year-olds across the West Midlands region.
Who can access the TSA?
- Learners (students and apprentices)
- The existing workforce
- Partner organisations
What does the TSA offer?
Are you looking to grow your skillset? Thinking about a new role? Want to make new industry connections to enhance your future career?
Whatever your ambition, the TSA is here to help you stand out from the crowd.
Through the TSA you can take advantage of:
- Work experience programmes for students aged between 14 and 18 years old
- Apprenticeship programmes
- Graduate programmes
- Access to a Young Ambassador Network where you can build relationships and connections with like-minded peers
- Learning from industry leaders
- Training and development courses through our transport specific e-learning portal
- Access to professional bodies to help you achieve industry accreditations
- Advice and guidance on your career development
- Centres of Excellence to support critical areas of transport delivery and strategically plan initiatives across the region
- Collaboration opportunities where you can promote your transport-related resources and career opportunities to TSA users
- Industry events and networking
- Upskilling opportunities for your workforce
We will work in collaboration with industry partners including Local Authorities, employers, training providers and professional bodies to create career development opportunities fit for our region’s future workforce.
To fast track your future, get onboard today. Get in touch with the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's Priyanka, giving her thoughts on her Project Management Apprenticeship:
Download our digital brochure to learn more about the Transport Skills Academy.
Transport Skills Insight Report
The Transport Skills Academy is proud to publish it's Transport Skills Insight Report for Autumn 2022. Addressing the current skills shortage and solutions to tackle this.
Find out more
Download our digital brochure to lean more about the Transport Skills Academy.
Stay up to date
Receive an email notification when this information changes.Sign up for updates