Longbridge Park and Ride
New multi-storey Longbridge Park and Ride
Work to deliver our first multi-storey Park and Ride car park facility is now well underway.
Construction of the new car park is being undertaken on our behalf by Bourne Parking and is being completed in a number of phases.
Phase one – with the discovery of very poor ground conditions under the car park the foundations were a really significant piece of work involving the drilling of over 170 pile foundations (completed).
Phase two – is the construction of the car park structure. The kit of parts is made up of a steel frame and concrete slabs all manufactured in this country off site before being assembled on site. (Completion scheduled for February 2020).
Phase three – is the final completion of the car park, including the internal fit out together with the installation of two lifts, LED lighting, the car park payment system, landscaping, external cladding and CCTV.
The new car park will open in spring 2020 and will focus on providing a high quality user experience including:
- Five decks (six floors including the ground floor) delivering 629 spaces
- Two lifts
- Two stair towers
- Disabled bays
- Motorcycle spaces
- Electric Vehicle Charging Bays
- Digital CCTV
- Help Points
- LED energy saving lighting
- An easy to use, seamless payment system with two ticket machines, options to pay remotely and an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system so customers do not need to worry about displaying tickets or going through barriers. Find out more
- High quality purple and grey cladding which ties in with the streetscape along Longbridge Lane
The new Park and Ride
- Will help reduce congestion on A38 into Birmingham City Centre by giving people the option to park in Longbridge and catch the train rather than drive all the way in
- Has train services from Longbridge that give a fast and frequent link to places including Birmingham city centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Birmingham University
- Is in a convenient location for accessing Longbridge rail station
- Will be one of Birmingham’s biggest Park and Ride facilities costing customers just £3 per day
- Will offer parking availability no matter what the time of travel on the public transport network**
- Will have a wide range of ways to pay to park
- Will give customers freedom to choose when they travel
- Will be in place prior to the Clean Air Zone charge coming into place in Birmingham City Centre, Find out more
The project has been supported by £1.8M funding from Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP and Midlands Engine.
** The car park will be closed between 00:30 and 05:30. First train is at 06:07 and last arrives at 00:01 (January 2020 timetable)