Travelling during the Festive period?
Bus, train and tram services will operate to different service levels over the Festive period so please check before you travel.
Plan your journey
Visit our Journey Planner for up to date information.
To find the best ticket option for you during this time visit our ticket finder.
Please select your mode below
Christmas Eve – Sunday service with earlier finish approx. 22:30
Christmas Day – No service
Boxing Day – A near Sunday daytime service will be provided on Boxing Day with some more busy services also having some evening journeys.
Some of the quieter services will not operate at all and a special service will operate on the Coventry area bus services.
Wednesday 27 December to Saturday 30 December – Saturday service
New Year’s Eve – Sunday service
New Year’s Day – Sunday service. A special service will operate on the Coventry area bus services.
Tuesday 2 January to Friday 5 January – modified (holiday) weekday service
For bus, you can also visit individual operators for more information on the following dedicated festive service web pages:
Passengers are advised to check the TfWM website nearer the time to find out if and what times their usual service is running.
Timetable yet to be confirmed.
Travel by train?
- ASLEF has announced industrial action, check here to see how your service will be affected.
- West Midlands Railway timetable is changing from Sunday 10 December. For full information visit West Midlands Railway’s website
Birmingham - Rugeley Trent Valley
- The last departure from Birmingham - Hednesford on weekday evenings (23:22) will be extended to run to Rugeley Trent Valley, providing a later service to Rugeley Trent Valley.
Snow Hill Lines
- Longer trains will be provided to ease congestion to services on the Snow Hill line.
- Service to Earlswood will run later on Sundays.
- Christmas Day - No service
- Boxing Day - Sunday service
- New Years Day - Sunday service
- Tuesday 2 January 2024 - Normal service resumes
- Christmas Day - No service.
- Boxing Day - No service.
- New Years Day - No service.
- Tuesday 2 January 2024 - Normal service resumes.
Major roadworks and events
Check major roadworks and events in your area to see how they might impact your travel options this winter.
Travelling Safely in Winter
Tips and advice to travel safely this winter.
Find the best ticket option for your travels in the West Midlands.