Last updated: 14 October 2021
Sprint is a bus priority corridor that will link Walsall with the centre of Birmingham, Solihull and Birmingham Airport - joining the A34 with the A45 to create one continuous bus route.
Sprint will bring benefits for all bus passengers: providing more reliable, regular and predictable journey times, connecting our region and protecting our environment too.
A milestone project, Sprint is being delivered by Transport for West Midlands and forms part of the region-wide ambition to improve the public transport experience.
Swan Island to Heybarnes Circus inbound:
- Loop cutting and surfacing works from Wednesday 6 October and Thursday 7 October. There will be a full closure from 8pm to 6am.
Heybarnes Circus to Poets corner inbound and outbound:
- Full closure from 8pm - 6am from:
- Monday 25 October to Tuesday 30 November
Swan Island slip road to Lily Road outbound:
- Barrier installation from Monday 18 October. There will be a full closure from 8pm to 6am.
Gilberston Avenue to Swan Island inbound:
- Widening works for barrier installation from Monday 27 September 2021 to Wednesday 9 February 2022. Lane two will be closed for the duration of works.
The following bus stops will be closed with a temporary bus stop in place:
- Sunnymead (Outbound) from Monday 21 September to Friday 10 December
- Swan Island (Inbound) from Monday 27 September to Friday 10 December
- Swan Island (Outbound) from Monday 27 September to Monday 20 December
- Brays (Outbound) from Tuesday 12 October to Monday 3 January
- Lyndon (Inbound) from Monday 25 October to Monday 24 January
- Sunnymead (Inbound) from Monday 6 December to Monday 31 January
You will still be able to get to where you need to go, but consider the following: