Pay with Swift
Pay with Swift allows you to use the payment methods on your Swift account to pay for third party services. You can use your Swift Go balance or a stored debit or credit card. It's convenient and secure.
Where you can use it
Pay with Swift is available for West Midlands Cycle Hire and to pay for parking at Longbridge park and ride.
Pay with Swift on West Midlands Cycle Hire
- When asked to choose a payment method, select pay with Swift
- Log into your Swift account
- Once logged in, you will see a summary of your payment methods in your Swift account
- We'll ask you to authorise Beryl Bikes to take payment from your Swift account
- Set a payment preference and click continue to finish pay with Swift set up
You can now Pay with Swift when you use a West Midlands Cycle Hire bike.
What is a payment preference?
You can set a payment preference when you set up pay with Swift. You can choose to always be asked to approve Beryl Bikes charges or not be asked for approval again.
If you choose always ask: Every time you hire a bike, you will need to approve Beryl Bikes to charge your Swift account. You have the option to change this in the Beryl Bikes app when you hire a bike. Choose Yes - don’t ask me again when asked to approve Beryl Bikes charges.
If you choose don't ask: Your Swift account will be charged each time you hire a bike. Hiring a bike will be much quicker. You can just unlock the bike and go.
When will payment be taken from my Swift account?
You are charged for bike hire after riding. Payment will be taken daily at 8am. For example:
- if you ride a bike from 7 to 7.30 am, payment will be taken at 8am the same day.
- If you ride a bike from 10 to 11am, payment will be taken at 8am the next day.
How do I see my charge history?
You can see a breakdown of your charges in the Beryl Bikes app.
- Open the Beryl Bikes app
- Choose billing and payments in the main menu
- Choose transaction history
You can also see this in your payment history on your Swift account.
If you have a problem when trying to pay with Swift
Check the app error codes below. If you are still having issues, contact customer services.
Error 100: There is a Swift payment issue
You need to have a Swift account to use pay with Swift.
If you have a Swift account you need to have a payment method saved. You can use a debit or credit card, or Swift Go balance.
You can create a Swift account if you don't have one.
- If your Swift account is inactive or closed, you will need to make a new one. You can add a payment method in your new account to use pay with Swift
- If your Swift account is in arrears or you don't have enough balance, you will need to make a payment in your Swift account to use pay with Swift
Error 103: There is a Swift payment issue
- Check that you have a valid payment method saved in your Swift account. For example, a debit or credit card
- Check that the saved card has not expired or been cancelled
- If you have mobility credits, check the balance is above 0
You can update your Swift payment methods in payment details on your account.