Sprint Bus Shelter Consultation
Phase 1 of Sprint is now complete
The first part of the project was delivered on time and to budget with the introduction of extended bus lanes and priority signalling ready for the Commonwealth Games.
This will complete the Sprint corridor to Walsall and Solihull with work expected to begin later next year.
Bus Shelter Consultation
We plan to install a further nine shelters along the A45 and A34 in Birmingham as part of the second phase.
The enhanced shelters are designed to be more inclusive and improve both the comfort and safety of bus users, with CCTV and real-time information at all stops.
The open-style, cantilevered structure is designed to make boarding buses quicker and easier for everyone.
We plan to install shelters at the following locations:
- Old Walsall Road north and southbound
- Gainsborough Road north and southbound
- Hatfield Road northbound
- Newtown Baths/Rodway Close northbound
- Keswick Road west and eastbound
- Wheatsheaf eastbound
If you use these stops, or if you live or work nearby, we’d like to hear your views on our proposals to install the new shelters.
You can also take part by calling our Customer Services team on 0345 303 6760 or by emailing sprintenquiries@ tfwm.org.uk.
You have until 9 January 2023 to give your views
Did you know?
All bus services using the Sprint corridor are now benefitting from
- enhanced bus priority measures
- an improved travelling experience
- more reliable, regular and predictable journey times
- a journey time saving of up to 22% on key routes